Taking super to the next level
Self Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSF’s) are now the largest and fastest growing section of the superannuation industry. As at 30 June 2020, there are 593,000 SMSFs holding $733 billion in total assets, with more than 1.1 million SMSF members all wanting more control over their retirement savings.
Done properly, a SMSF can be an extremely beneficial and flexible tool for managing your superannuation, and AGS Financial Group can help with all aspects of your SMSF journey.
Key Benefits of a SMSF can include;
- Ultimate Control and flexibility over:
- taxes and
- estate planning
- Ability to borrow and leverage your investments (eg property, shares)
- Full transparency
- Better engagement and investor confidence
- Administration to take care of your reporting requirements
AGS Financial Group can help you assess the suitability of a SMSF for you, and help you take the control you want over your super savings. And of course, we’ll continue to work with you to ensure your Self Managed Fund remains a Well-Managed Fund, and your super outcomes are maximised.
SMSF Administration and Compliance
AGS Financial Group uses the leading cloud based SMSF administration software, Class Super to manage our client funds. Class Super is used by accountants, administrators and advisers in over 1,500 firms across Australia.
Class Super streamlines all aspects of SMSF administration by enabling a wide range of users (including accountants, administrators, financial advisers and auditors) to manage all their SMSF administration and reporting needs from a single system – everything from set up to lodgment. This is of benefit to you the client as this allows us to deliver efficient and truly automated management of your Self Managed Super Fund.
How we can help you
Our dedicated team of experienced SMSF professionals will support and guide you through the many processes and tax obligations required by all trustees of SMSF’s. This includes :
- Establishment and registrations of new SMSF’s – compiling all necessary documentation to meet legal requirements
- The gatekeepers of ATO correspondence
- Overseeing and advising on all Trustee and compliance obligations
- SMSF administration, including the coordination of updates and changes of deeds; trustee/s and member/s
- Preparation and management of your year-end accounting and tax requirements incl. financial statements, minutes, lodgements, actuarial certificates
- Coordination of your annual SMSF independent audit
- Advice on your SMSF taxation strategies
To ensure our clients are satisfied with value for money in all services we provide, we believe in providing up-front engagements including an annual administration fee, rather than simply charging at hourly rates. We see that this provides certainty to both parties with no surprises along the way.
Services click to expand
- Maintaining an investment register for listed securities, derivatives, fixed interest, managed funds, direct property and unlisted assets
- Maintaining individual member records including details of contributions, allocation of earnings, benefit payments and member components
- Maintaining multiple member accounts including accumulation & pensions
- Transfer Balance Account Reporting (TBAR) reports events on the members balance to the ATO
- Preparation of minutes/resolutions on an annual basis and when required throughout the year (as applicable)
- Preparation of annual statutory financial accounts and lodgement of ATO return
- Preparation and lodgement of BAS and IAS returns (as applicable)
- In-house provision of actuarial certificates
- Establish & maintain an auditor relationship on behalf of the fund
- Retention of records in digital format and hard copy for the mandatory periods
- Advice on minimum pension obligations
- Pro-active SIS compliance review and annual sign off (eg trust deed, investment strategy, death benefit nominations, asset title, etc)
- Monitoring of non-standard assets to advise of the need for revaluation
Contact Us today to request assistance with your SMSF Admin and Compliance matters [email protected]
"Thank you AGS - we wouldn’t be here without you! - We first became AGS clients in 2015 when we were starting to turn our attention to saving for retirement. The team at AGS helped us reach our goals earlier than we thought we would, through honest advice and time taken to really understand us, our goals, and aspirations.
The standout piece for us about AGS is the feeling that nothing is impossible if you have patience, perseverance and the best advice. We have never felt out of our depth with AGS as they always explained concepts and how finance can work for you.
We’d just like to say thank you to the AGS team. We would not have known where to start planning for our retirement, and we got here earlier than we ever anticipated."
"AGS is my financial guide - I wasn't confident about my superannuation and was referred to AGS by a friend in 2013. Since then AGS has helped me transition to a self-managed super fund resolve complicated estate planning issues and support us with accounting services throughout the last 9 years.
There are so many issues that grab our attention in life. It is comforting to know that we are supported in this complicated area with great advice and competent services.
My relations with AGS have always been reciprocated with confidence and professionalism."
"AGS - Advisory Excellence - I have been a client with AGS for 20 years, Taxation is one thing we rely on AGS for every year. Our appointed taxation specialist is qualified and efficient with seeking out the required information to enable us to maximise our tax refund. This helps us make financial decisions in the upcoming years. This removes the stress of doing this ourselves, ensures that our tax is processed on time and we have been able to obtain an annual credit each year based on sound advice for tax minimisation."
" Excellent service Every time - I have been a long standing client of AGS's financial planning services and a number of years ago I also decided to shift my accounting service and have never looked back.
From the get go I found AGS professional and efficient (such a breath of fresh air). Their service and advice is ALWAYS timely and spot on. Always with a smile virtually.
Having both accounting and financial planning under the one umbrella has also made it easier to integrate the two topics when needed. Especially helpful given we have an SMSF."
"Fantastic service from AGS - We have been a customer of AGS since the transition from Optima group who we were with for 15 years. We find the team at AGS friendly, approachable and extremely knowledgeable with all aspects of assistance we require for personal and business tax. The team at AGS are prompt with replying to any questions or support we require. We feel well supported and know they are only an email or phone call away if needed."
"Appreciate your help - My small business became accounting clients with AGS around 2008. Carolyn and her team look after us brilliantly. Carolyn's vast knowledge and experience is invaluable. She is proactive in assisting us with accounting advice and always takes the time to help us fully understand all "facts and figures".
"Knowledge Courtesy Efficiency. That’s AGS - I am so happy with AGS. From start to finish I am kept up to date on all details. Everything done with knowledge and efficiency. As I mentioned efficiency knowledge and courtesy is always there. Am very happy with the service I receive."